3.6.08

My Life is a Job Search

So, I'm looking for my 6th job. More jobs that I've had in the last month that I've had in the previous 5 years of being in the workforce. Somehow, I'm humbled. I've been lucky, too luck perhaps, in the jobs I've been given so far in life. It would seem that Ottawa has decided that I must pay my dues. Well, I'll get started then.

It's raining again today, such is weather in the capital, which is oppressively hot some days, and quite cool the next. Supposedly the proportion of sun to rain will increase as summer rolls on, but it's not as bad as Vancouver. It's been a difficult process, but I think I'm finally happy to living here. I guess, what with the new city, and still processing my half a year on the road, I got into a kind of emotional traffic jam, and I needed to wait for it to clear up. So, I still am unemployed, and still get lost occasionally, but I'm happy. And that's the most important thing really, isn't it?

I've got a great thing to look forward to, the Amnesty International Canada (English-speaking Branch) Annual General Meeting. Now, while that is a long to say, and it doesn't sound terribly exciting, it's a chance for me to reunite with my various compadres and counterparts throughout the country, party, and discuss human rights. In other words, it's something of nirvana for me. It lets me know that there are other people out there still fighting for what's good in life, unhindered by 9-5 schedules, income taxes, morning commutes and cleaning the house. The highlight of my year. Which is good, because we're currently doing a Taste for Justice campaign here in Ottawa, which means that participating restaurants, for the next 2 weeks, support and campaign for human rights to the people that come to their establishments. However, here was me putting up posters yesterday, and decided to go check out some of the restaurants, and I find that many of them have no material or information. Hell, one of them didn't even know they were running the campaign. Thank god for me right?

No comments: